Thursday, May 13, 2010

[witty title here]

Well, I have really finished the frame for the treadle wheel (I noticed in the last post the photo was of an earlier incarnation of the frame, it is truly complete now). I was missing a few support beams, and had to move one that was in the wrong place.



I have also completed the splash pan, and my other half has started work on the drive shaft. Here is a photo of the steel plates that get attached to the drive shaft; this is before they were grinded and filed down to the right size.



Tomorrow it looks like the whole thing might finally get finished (I know I have been saying that but I truly mean it this time...I hope). I can’t wait to try it out and see all of the things that I can do better next time (they already seem to be mounting up (which is a good thing in my book)). I plan to build another one this summer, I am teaching a class at the college (Stephen F. Austin) this summer on brush, tool, and equipment making. And a couple of them seem really interested in making their own treadle wheel, so it seems like it will be a fun summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment