Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Memoirs of a Treadle Wheel

I just wanted to post a quick update on the treadle wheel. I’ve completed the frame (as you can see from the photo), and have moved on to working on the splash pan, treadle peddle (I don’t know what it’s really called), and the part that attaches the treadle peddle to the drive shaft. I’m still waiting for my drive shaft to be finished; I’m hoping that it might get finished (or at least started on) tomorrow.



While I am waiting on that I’ve been working on making some more brushes. This time I have been playing around with a deer tail this time, it’s a little more difficult than the squirrel hair because I have to bind the hairs differently. It seems to be going pretty good (once I figured it out a good way to bind the hairs), I am ordering some more squirrel (grey and fox) tails, and another deer tail tonight. Hopefully they will get here soon, and I can get some more brushes made (oh yeah, and finish that treadle wheel project.....).

1 comment:

  1. It is just the treadle - that is it's name.

    ReplyDelete