Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Treadle Wheel (An update)

Here is an update on the treadle wheel I’m currently making. I have made the flywheel, and that’s it.... I made it out of some plywood I had laying around, cutting eight rounds that were two feet four inches across and a half inch thick. I then laminated them together to create a flywheel that is four inches thick. This, I am told, will create a flywheel that is of average weight (I will weight it and let you know the exact weight), from there you can make it lighter or heavier depending on your throwing style. I’m going to keep this weight and see how I like it. Here is a front view and a side view of the flywheel as it is now, I still have some work to do on it to make it look nicer.




Today I bought the wood to make the frame of the treadle wheel. I’m using two by fours and laminating them together to make them a little sturdier. Tomorrow I will be buying the steel for the center beam that runs from the flywheel to the wheel head, as well as going to Onalaska to pick up some more black bamboo and hopefully a raccoon tail (we will see if it’s any good for brushes). Hopefully Friday I will start constructing the frame and start putting it all together, I would like to get it finished by next Monday, but we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment