Monday, May 10, 2010

Bamboo Snob.....

I just wanted to share some photos of the black bamboo after it has been cut down to length for the brush handles. They also have been sanded and de-limbed (meaning the limbs or branches have been removed). This first photo is before I take all the wax off of the bamboo, as you can see it looks cloudy. This is from the dirt and wax that coats them.



This next photo I’ve used my handy dandy propane torch to melt the wax off the bamboo. As you can see they are no longer cloudy, which makes the colors brighter and gives them a kind of gloss.



I fear that I’ve become a bamboo snob, because I no longer like working with the green bamboo. The black stuff seem so much more alive, I dread the day when my stock of black bamboo runs out and I’m forced to return to the green stuff. Although, I’ve acquired some black bamboo to grow, right now it seems to not be doing much. We are hoping that it’s growing roots, and will send up some shoots...soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment