Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Deforestation…Yum!!!


So we went to have dinner and see a movie the other night, and we thought we would stop by the Asian Market to check out what kind of candy they have.  We usually get little cookies covered in chocolate in the shape of bamboo or mushrooms.


We found these and then we got a little surprise.  It seems the company that makes these little shaped cookies has expanded their repertoire to include little tree stumps.  When I saw this I thought to myself that I have now seen everything.  When companies start making sweet confections that resemble deforestation, I think it’s really time to reevaluate some priorities.



Needless to say I bought the little stump cookies and they were quite tasty.  


I was looking at the package and since I don’t speak the language it’s written in I was wondering if anyone out there could tell us what in the world they are saying on these packages. 

 
My favorite part of the whole package is the little rabbit running in what I imagine could only be fear for his/her life.  This whole concept of candy out of disaster amuses me in a cynical kind of way...

No comments:

Post a Comment