Thursday, August 18, 2011

At it Again

I had the last two days off from work, so I decided to try and work in the studio as much as I could. I ended up working for about 12 hours (off and on) the first day, and about 7 1/2 hours (off and on) on the second day.  Here are pictures of the work I made during that time.



Starting at the top of this first picture are some tea cup/bowls.  Behind them are the lidded vessels from the last post.  Next shelf down are some  spoon rests and soap dishes.  On the bottom shelf there are some planters that Keturah had me make.  She's going to make some orchid planters that hang on the wall out of them.


The top shelf of this photo are some honey pots with lids.  The middle shelf has some more tea bowls/cups, and some jewelry holders.  The bottom shelf has some cups that Keturah will sculpt handles for.


This last photo is of the stamp we put on all of the work that comes out of our studio.  It's an enso, it symbolizes the absolute enlightenment, strength, elegance, the Universe, and the void (Wikipedia).


I'm going to sneak this photo that I took of a cucumber that is currently growing in our garden.  I thought it was cool because it grew itself into and enso.

No comments:

Post a Comment