Monday, November 21, 2011

WIP, WIP it Good!!

WIP, short for works in progress and we have some.  Here are the finished pieces from the last blog, they have now been trimmed and turned right side up.  Now they will dry slowly and be fired (hopefully before the end of the month). 


Here are some vases that I threw yesterday


This morning I went back out and put them together, now they are drying a little before I trim them and finalize the shape.  I’m still not sure if I want to round off the bottoms and then build stands for them.  I will probably round off a couple and leave a couple flat.


Also, if you remember back to this post.  I was talking about making some large vases for my mother-in-law, well here they are.  Two vases about two and a half feet tall, with a layer of shino glaze and another layer of a glaze called Woo Brown to Blue.   I really like this combination of glazes; they make some nice colors together.



This weekend I also worked on our hoop house some more, I added a “hallway” to it.  We will be adding a door to the end of it pretty soon (right now it’s all rainy and cold out, so I’m inside).  The other door set up we had was a real hassle to get in and out of, I figure if the door was easier to get into we would go into it more often (to check for bugs and other signs of life).  So check back later to see what our door turns out to be (made of).




No comments:

Post a Comment