Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Table to Work On



Let’s play a little catch up, I made this table a month or two ago. 
                After looking at my studio I decided I needed more table space dedicated to pottery.  The other table I have is used for everything else so it gets bits of dirt and sawdust all over it, not that good for pottery.  So I set out to build a large table.  I decided to stick with the dimensions of a standard piece of plywood (3/4 inch in this case), which is 8 foot by 4 foot, and I went with 3 feet tall.  I also wanted a lower level that I could use to store clay off of the floor.  I used 4 by 4 treated posts for the legs so that if they ever got wet it wouldn’t matter that much.  I built the frame out of two by fours; both the top and the lower shelf have supports running the four foot length to give it a little more support.  Once it was all assembled I covered the top of it with canvas to give me a nice work area.  It took me the better part of a Saturday afternoon but I was able to get it finished, and now it’s in full use and working out quite nicely.



1 comment: