Friday, July 8, 2011

ASAP

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when I said that Keturah and I will be working in the studio all weekend and would post pictures of the work we did as soon as possible? Well apparently two weeks is as soon as possible in this family. We did work in the studio and got quite a lot done. On Saturday I sat down and threw some little lidded vessels, and Keturah and our friend Chelsea worked on carving and piercing some yarn bowls and orchid planters.




Later that day, after a well-deserved (probably not) break, Keturah started to turn some of those lidded vessels into garlic holders by piercing a design on the sides, this allows air to flow around the garlic so it doesn’t grow mold. I also threw some bowls with the intention of them being dog or cat bowls, and some taller vessels with the idea that they would be utensil holders. So that was our Saturday, a fairly full day I would say for a couple of people that have been out of the studio for a long while.




On Sunday Keturah started work on finishing all the yarn bowls I had thrown for her, and I trimmed and threw feet for the bowls and utensil holders I had made the day before and then made some butter bells or I should say French butter crocks, apparently “butter bell” has been copy righted. I really enjoy working in the studio with Keturah; it allows us to pass ideas back and forth and gives us the opportunity to have instant feedback on a shape or design we are working on.












Now it’s time to go shopping for some food, tonight’s dinner is Grilled Steak Tacos with homemade Pico de Gallo, Tomatillo Salsa, and Guacamole. It should be pretty tasty, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment