Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Dirty Wheel is a Happy Wheel



At least that’s what I always thought; although it might not be that healthy (all that dust isn’t good for the lungs you know). Anyway, work is being produced!! And here are some photos of said work, check it out…





These first two pictures are of some orchid planters that I threw for Keturah to carve into. As you can see there are quite a few of them, and she’s a bit over whelmed.



Here are the four that she has already carved into, and they look great I think.



This is a photo of some cups (obviously) that I made just the other day. I have always been bad at handles but I think these ones came out okay.



This last photo is of some butter dishes and some Japanese style tea bowls (these are my favorite type of cup to make, mostly because there are no handles). Anyway, that is the work so far, it’s taking quite a while for me to get back in the habit of working in the studio, but I’m gaining momentum. Next big project for me is to convert my electric kiln to a propane kiln, it should be fun!

Oh, here are some stamps I was making the other day with some old wire tool handles and my dremel tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment