Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kiln: Done!

Everything we had has been glazed (8 hours, by myself), loaded in to the kiln (1 1/2 hours, with Keturah), and then fired (7 hours, by myself, in a strange building, in the wee hours, with strange noises (which I'm sure were either Zombies or Ghosts trying to get me)).  So roughly 16 1/2 hours later the kiln is finished firing, and is now cooling down and will be unloaded (hopefully) Monday afternoon. So if everything went well I will post some pictures of us unloading the kiln by tomorrow night. 

On a side note this was the first time I fired this kiln by myself, and only the second time I fired it all together.  So I'm hoping that it fired evenly (I couldn't really see the top cone pack(I will explain this in another post)), it was reduced enough (they say there is supposed to be a greenish-yellow glow, that I didn't see this time...), and in general I didn't ruin something (like having my glazes run all over the shelves...)...

No comments:

Post a Comment