Wednesday, June 22, 2011

General Update

It’s been a while since I last posted and I wanted to just let everyone know what was going in the days of our lives. As the world turns I have been teaching my pottery class down at the Firehouse Art Center for about four weeks now. I’m really enjoying it and I have great kids to work with, and they all are at different levels of experience so it makes each class more interesting (because they each have different goals they want to reach). We all had a really bad storm this past week that wreaked havoc on the city of Norman, it tore down a bunch of fences, took off some roofs, and shut down electricity in some areas for a couple of days. The worst we got was no electricity for about a day, and the hail did a number on our garden. Mainly it looked like a couple of guys took machine guns to it, every plant had broken stems, every leaf was ripped apart, and the few fruits we had looked like they had exploded. But it’s on the rebound. We also had to take out our corn; ants had taken up residence in the few tiny ears that were growing, so they went in to the compost pile. We have also let the garden in the very back get over run by grass (it’s the plot with the pumpkins, watermelons, and artichokes), it’s to the point now that I feel it would be easier to just get a tiller and till it up again instead of trying to do it by hand or with a hoe. Keturah has started to experiment with making cameos, she is trying to carve one out of an abalone shell we have had sitting around for a while. We are also planning a big weekend in the studio this coming weekend, so hopefully there will be pictures of the work we are doing now by early next week. I have also (with the help of our friend Andy (well he really did everything)) have a new computer and I’m slowly trying to get all the programs I usually use to edit photos back on it so I can post pictures again. We also have joined a bread exchange with a few friends of ours, and the first delicious loaf arrived last week. This coming month is our month to send out a (hopefully) delicious loaf. We are on the fence as to what kind of bread to make, we are looking at either a very nutty bread (maybe with some dried fruit as well) or a spicy bread. Another item on the docket is that we might in the near future have something interesting going on with a shop in Arkansas (more on that later, I need to get Keturah on the phone with some people to get more details). I guess that’s just about everything that needed to be updated, although I’m sure that I’m forgetting something.

No comments:

Post a Comment